My first one year

I have realized that its easier for me to write when things are going bad, but I have a hard time writing about how great this last year has been. Maybe my subconsciousness thinks I will jinx it, and the happiness will go away. I have been in a relationship for 14 months and for the first time in my life I am truly happy. My girlfriend Courtney has filled me with love and happiness. I have never met such an amazing women in my life, she's everything I am not. I have heard people say "she lights up a room" and I never quite knew the meaning until I met Courtney. She has a pure heart with a contagious smile, clear blue eyes that can see right through me and understand me. People say we are a lot alike, but I don't see it at all. I feel like she is everything I wish I could be and for the first time in my life, I don't feel alone. For our one year anniversary we celebrated by each having a day and doing things for each other. I planned a few adventures: we went zip-lining, to a picnic, to the fair and had a romantic dinner in our balcony.
On Courtney's day she planned, sailing for the first time in our small sailboat, making sushi and then took me to the POV at the W. I cherish this relationship and know that she is the one.