Damaged at best

Blank staring at this paper
With no motivation to write
Caught in my disease of spirituality
Trying to give a damn

Surrendering with a meaning
Could resuscitate me back to life
Or as my world can see it clearly
Maybe I am just bound to die

Between two worlds which are forgiving
Back and forth passes time
Repetition is what I am living
Insanity sets in, fuck my mind

I wish I could care
But there is no motivation to try
This bitter sweet addiction
Tells me I'll never get out alive

Pretending that I care only works a short time
With failures in different places
My mind won't stop pacing
I am bound for sleepless nights

But no drugs in the book can replace you
None can numb a heart
The footsteps have been erased
Yet I am still trying to trace them back

I gave away love for you
Something so rare to find
I gave away Friendships for you,
And didn’t take their helping hands

Family, Money
You have taken them all
Yet it will never be enough
To have my reckless soul back